Thursday, 24 February 2011

Michael McIntyre: Life & Laughing Review

If you know me in real life you know I don’t really like reading books. I will read a magazine, newspaper article’s and stuff online but I find it a chore to read a book unless it grabs me from the get go. I have a very short attention span so I find it hard to sit down and pick up a 500 page book, I find rather intimidating if I am blatantly honest. But Michael McIntyre’s autobiography Life & Laughing had me hooked from the very first page. Michael writes like he performs, brilliantly. From page one where he makes a joke about a PC mocking his grammar, through his struggle with women, through the tough times at small comedy clubs and all the way up to his Royal Variety performance, you will not be able to put the book down (not because it’s good but because there is super glue on the cover). Honestly though if you want a laugh, or even a bit of a cry, this is the book for you.

As McIntyre would say, it is a page turner. This is though the minimum you would expect from a book, if the pages didn’t turn would it not just be a block? All 295 pages of his book (or block, which ever you prefer) are good.
There is not much more I can say about this but trust me, I don’t read that much books for the simple reason they don’t entertain me. But this did. If me saying that the book is good is not good enough for you, go read a professional’s opinion in a paper or online somewhere else. But I am a student; I have very little money to spend and don’t like wasting the money I have, so if you are strapped for cash (which probably a lot of people in the current economic climate don’t) and want to spend your money wisely get this. It will also bring a smile to your face and take your mind off the fact that you are strapped for cash.

This is not much of a review but more of an opinion; I think I should stick to writing about video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment