Thursday, 25 August 2011

Trusting a blogger

Recently I recieved a few emails about the video game Deus Ex: Human Revolutions. The emails in question where from people asking me what I thought about it and wether or not they should buy it. I found these emails quiet dawnting if I am honest. People trust what I say enough to go out and spend £50 of their hard earned money.



As a result of the emails I did what any self respecting blogger would do. I went to Twitter and asked them (I also read about 5-10 reviews). The replies were amazing and in the end I recomended that they do buy the game as all the reviews were very positive, nothing lower then a 80/100.



Ok, some of you big bloggers out there probably get emails everyday on this kind of thing but when someone starts blogging around 5-6months ago properly and has built enough trust out of his readers that they ask for his opinion on what they should do with their money, you don't realize the effect that had on me.

I won't mention those who emailed me, because they did not want to be named. But you know who you are. All I can say to you is thank you for trusting me. And I hope that you are happy with Deus Ex: Human Revolutions come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'd trust a regular blogger to a degree (75%-80%), in the end opinions are subjective, so if the reader has a degree of savvy about them then they'd be wise enough to respect and take in the opinion of the blogger,but also do a bit of self research into the subject at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @djd001 Very good point! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete