Monday, 21 November 2011

Charity and a big ass beard



At the time of writing I am currently five days into ‘No Shave November’ or ‘Movember’ - I like ‘No Shave November’ better. But when you are reading this I will be just gone three weeks into it, and a lot hairier. 


This is my second year doing it, but this year is a bit more personal. At the start of the year my cousins friend passed away due to cancer so me and my cousin decided to do this to raise money for cancer. So far, so good. I don’t want to really want to say how much money we have raised so far, instead I will keep that for a follow up post. 


I was wondering however who else is doing this? Last year I raised £200 for diabetes and I can tell you currently I have raised more then that for cancer so I am pretty pleased. If you are too young to grow a beard though but you would like to do something, why not dye your hair or shave your head or anything really, just try and raise a bit of money for charity. One thing I will warn you about though is giving money to people on the street (charity collectors), before you hand over your money make sure that they are legit. Especially coming up to the holidays you will find a lot of scammers out there with a bucket just chancing their arm and believe it or not…they make a lot.


Thankfully me and cousin know someone involved with a cancer charity so we know where our money is going. Don’t let this put you off though. Please do give to charity, it’s nice…


No comments:

Post a Comment