Monday, 26 December 2011

The Bucket List


The bucket list is, whether we realise it or not, something we all think about on a regular basis. If we see a poster of a different country, we might think I would love to go there someday. If we see a band play like, we might think I would love to do that sometime in my life.






Recently I watched the movie ‘The Bucket List’ and it got me thinking about some of the things I want to achieve in my life. First off I would just like to comment on the movie itself, amazing. Both Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson are brilliant actors so that is a great plus. Not only does the story get you attached to both their characters but it does, somewhat, get you thinking about your own life. The best quote, in my opinion, is five simple words that Morgan Freeman’s charter says.


“Find the joy in your life”. 


A lot of people come across are always complaining, either they are not happy with the job their in, their not happy with the way things turned out that day or even not happy with the way their lives turned out in general. A phrase I come across fairly regularly is “I wish I..” This three words get on my tits. Stop complaining and do what you want! Live your life! It is your life and nobody else’s. Like Steve Jobs said in his speech at Stanford:


“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life”


That is why I have decided to for 2012 to compile a little list of things to achieve in that year, but I am still working on the list, so I was hoping this is where you guys would come in. If there is something you would like to see me do in the next year send me an email with ‘The Bucket List’ as the subject.


I am still in the process of putting together the list, but it should be up within a few days. When it is up I will put the link where this sentence is.


Stay hungry, stay foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment