Monday, 9 January 2012

Gamescom 2012 here I come

If you follow me on Twitter you will know that the thought of going to Gamescom in Cologne, Germany this year has crossed my mind more than once. The only problem with actually getting there is, money. I have put away all the money I got over the recent holiday and I have a few euro leftover from work so all that will go towards my trip there.



One thing I am kind of relying on is my payment from google adsense. For those of you who don't know the ads you see on this website make me money, very very little money, but money all the same. Anytime someone clicks on an ad I get between 2-10 cent, yes you read that correctly - cent! Unless you get hundreds of thousands of views a day you can't really make a living off of it.

Gamescom is in August and will roughly cost me between 500 - 600 euro, this will include flights, accommodation and any spending money I will need to survive for the week that I am there. It's not too bad for seven days I guess.



I will be going there to cover the event for the lovely TheGamersHub, so it's not all for pleasure; there is a bit of business in there too. Since the guys from TheGamersHub may also be going this will be the first time I will actually meet them all face to face, which I am looking forward to because I will get to see Vaughn Highfield's amazing hair up close and personal...along with meeting the boss man himself, Henry Macreadie.

Also this will possibly be the first time I will be traveling alone. Anytime I have flown before I was either with friends of family. So let's just hope I don't get lost in Amsterdam airport with that two hour layover.

Another way I was thinking of raising money is by selling some of my things on eBay. Don't worry I won't put up anything in bad condition, it will all work properly. i will keep you all up to date on the progress of this.

for now however it's back to the drawing board to think of more ways to raise the cash if that google adsense payment doesn't come through. Anybody know where the blood bank in Cork, Ireland is?

No comments:

Post a Comment