Thursday, 19 January 2012

A Scandal in Belgravia

With the amount of content scheduled for my blog over the past two weeks this post was pushed back until today and I now realise that the series is over. However the content of this post can still stand (I think). Hope you like it!
-----------------------------
For those of you who don’t have a clue what this post is about going by the title, then I will take it that you didn’t watch ‘Sherlock’ on BBC1 on January 1st. For that, unless you don’t have BBC, I am ashamed of you. Only joking I love you all, but you really should be watching ‘Sherlock’, it is quite brilliant.











Sherlock appeals to me on many levels.

  1. The character himself is just fascinating to me.
  2. I love crime fiction and Sherlock is simply the best of the best when it comes to that genre.
  3. Dr. John Watson, like myself, writes a blog.

This is the second series of the show on BBC and it is getting better and better each time. The actors are brilliant, the story is brilliant and since its on the BBC there are no advertisements, which makes this inevitably brilliant all over. One thing, however, I don’t like is the fact that there are only three episodes per series. 






Back to the episode at hand however and can I just say “wow, just wow” seems to be the overall conclusion of everyone who watched the show last week. Sherlock and Watson find themselves working for the fine people at Buckingham palace. After a little meeting at the palace (and Sherlock wrapped in a bed sheet, but naked underneath) Sherlock takes on the case and goes to do his thing. I won’t say what happens you will have to go watch it yourself. 


The episode was amazing and keeps you interested for the entire hour and a half, which Sherlock normally does. It is not hard to deduct that I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan and I do insist that if you like crime fiction at all you go watch this series at once. 


It is lovely to see Sherlock back on our screens, if it is only for another three weeks. Also if you would like to read about what I thought of the movie version that is in cinemas right now, read here: http://dylanvarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/sherlock-holmes-game-of-shadows.html

Talk to you guys Monday.

3 comments:

  1. @Anonymous haha thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review of the episode.

    For a different look at this episode, check out my review .

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete