Monday, 13 February 2012

I reached an epiphany

Last week I mentioned about seeing something whilst I was walking through Cork City, the thing I seen was a deaf person face-timing with somebody. Alright, this may not seem like such a big deal to you but I had a sudden realization at what video chat could really be used for. 







I know there are many uses for it. For example having a meeting with someone in your business that is in another part of the world or just seeing that loved one who had to emigrate due to the deteriorating condition of the country you are in and there was no jobs for them here. But if push came to shove, we could do without video chat. We could ring someone normally or text someone. A deaf person however has a genuine use for this and it makes their life ten times easier (yes, I done the maths). Before they had to rely on text or face-to-face communication when we had the use of all of that and the telephone. Watching this person use sign language whilst face-timing hit me hard, weird I know, but it did. We take a lot of things for granted in this world and, although it may seem small, when I seen this person using face-time like that I had a sudden appreciation for the video chat.


All of this said, what technology have you seen that has led you to an epiphany like this or you just have a great appreciation for because it has made your life just that little bit more easier. Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment