Monday, 27 February 2012

My most anticipated games of 2012


One thing, being a guy who is pretty heavily involved in video games, is
“Dylan, what game should I get?” or “What good games are coming out soon?”.

I can never say for certain what one person will like, so I just say what I am looking forward to. So today I have decided to put together a list of my top five anticipated games of 2012. So let's begin shall we?



Mass Effect 3
Of course I am going to say Mass Effect 3. I was a huge fan of Mass Effect 2 and it was my game of the year for 2010. Also after playing the demo and getting a feel for what the game will be like I can't wait. On top of me simply just being excited and everything I have seen looking amazing, Fem-shep has also been added to the game. Need I say anymore?

Hitman: Absolution
Hitman is a game which I have been playing since its original release back in 2000 when Hitman: Codename 47 arrived on the Playstation 2 all the way up to 2006 when Hitman: Blood Money was released. The freedom you have to complete every mission is something which you don't get much of in games today. You could kill your target in anyway you could possible imagine, anything from simply strangling him or shooting him to planting a bomb in a suitcase and blowing the crap out of the guy. This type of gameplay is something which I really just can't wait to get my hands on again.

Grand Theft Auto V
Need I really explain this one?


Borderlands 2
I didn't really play much of Borderlands but what I did play I thought was brilliant and to be honest when I was actually thinking of games that I would feature in my most anticipated this game didn't actually make the cut until last Wednesday when 2K Games released the launch trailer confirming that the game would release this September. Just watching that made me look at my wallet and apologise for it being empty again this year.

Resident Evil 6
Again, like Grand Theft Auto V, do I really need to explain this one? Resident Evil 4 was arguably one of the best games of all time. Resident Evil 5 was not so great, but still pretty good. Anything we have seen of Resident Evil 6 so far has looked good, even though it has been very little bar one or two trailer, but still I think any Resi fan would be crazy not to go and pre-book this now.


I will have many more games to add to this list in the near future so keep an eye out for future 'my most anticipated' over the next few weeks. But what are your most anticipated games of this year? Do you agree with my selections or not? Let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing about AC3 or Halo no? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't tickle my fancy just yet. I have to see more :) I will obviously pick them up, but they are not at the top of my list just yet. What are yours?

      Delete