Tuesday, 21 February 2012

My thoughts on the Mass Effect 3 demo


One of the things you do when your a video games journalist is play games and give your opinion. We rarely get to do this, in reality only about once or twice a month if we are lucky, but the other day I had some spare time on my hands so I decided to give the Mass Effect 3 demo a go even though it has been sitting on my console since the day it was released. 


Being a games journalist I keep my mind open to games and how they can be. I am not supposed to have certain 'expectations' for one game or another and just judge it on what it's really like. But at times, like the rest of us, I tend to get a bit excited about a game here and there. Mass Effect 3 is one of those games. I am expecting Mass Effect 3 to be as good as Mass Effect 2 but with a few improvements and I may be speaking to soon, but it looks like the guys over at Bioware are doing an amazing job. 



I played the game through on the Role-playing mode because it gives you a sense of both the action and the story. After my play through I have four words for you. Bioware I love you. The game looks amazing and it gives you a great sense of what the game is like. You start out being brought in front of a council to try and come up with ways to fight back and save earth against the reapers and within two minutes you are running around on the outside of buildings shooting the aliens and flying off to different planets to recruit an army to help save earth. Flying from planet to planet recruiting is something which we will see again as part of the story in Mass Effect 3 and to be honest it is welcomed. If the story is as well written as that of Mass Effect 2 it will be very well received.

On another note, if you have not played any Mass Effect game before and you jump into the Mass Effect 3 demo then you will not be disappointed. I can pretty much guarantee you will go straight out and pre-order it. This is a demo which other publishers and developers should take note of, it is something which is very well produced and it was well thought out and gives the player a taste of exactly what the game will be like and not just what one little part of a level will be like and turns out to be nothing like the overall game. 



If you have not downloaded the demo yet, or you have but just have not played it then go do that now. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment