Monday, 20 February 2012

Star Wars in 3D..was also a disappointment

Believe it or not, I am a nerd at heart. Yes, I know it's hard to believe but I am. I went to see Star Wars: The Phantom Menace in 3D last Saturday and to be honest, I was excited to go.
The last time I had seen this movie in the cinema was back in 1999 when it first released and I was still a kid. In fact the only reason I went was because my father brought me with him to an evening show after he got home from work and I actually fell asleep before the movie ended. Even when I was a kid I knew George Lucas had done an amazing job at disappointing everyone. Over the past twelve years however I did pick up the DVDs and I managed to stay awake until the end, with extreme will on my part.



So after finally seeing the entire movie to the end and then after watching all other five movies when I got an email about Star Wars: The Phantom Menace coming to cinemas in 3D I knew straight away what I would be doing on the day after it was officially released.
Now anybody who reads this blog regularly, follows me on twitter or knows me in real life will tell you that I really don't like 3D. I think it's a waste of time and is just another way for the movie industry to make more money on what they are already making millions on. However for some reason I had a change of heart when I heard that the Phantom Menace would be releasing in 3D. Simply because of two things.

  1. The Pod race.
  2. The final fight scene.

I'm sorry, but when you seen the advertisement for this movie if you didn't think immediately that either the pod race or the fight scene with Darth Maul would be amazing in 3D and after being remastered then you simply aren't that much of a nerd (in my opinion).

After going to see the movie the other day however I realised that I got excited for no real reason. Yes the movie was good and the 3D wasn't too bad. But George Lucas had done it again, he had managed to disappoint me one more time. One thing that I read online summed up the movie very well. It simply said
“The 3D in The Phantom Menace is amazing, you can actually see George Lucas take the money straight from your pocket”.



And with that, I will leave you until next week. Talk to you guys Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment