Sunday, 2 September 2012

School - here we go.

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I will be honest here and say that I wont be writing here too much over the next few months. I am currently in my very last year of school – so I need to focus on school. When I am not in school I will be working, so I don't have too much free time.


I can update you on what I have been doing all summer in just one word - working. My entire summer has been consumed by 6:30am alarm clocks and then straight into the office for work. Meetings with clients, staring at code, arguing with bank officialls on how terrible their hours are and thousands of emails has essentially been my summer. Although this may not be the best summer for most teenagers it has been the best summer of my life. I set up my own company, met the prime-minister of Ireland, I met the entire cast of Irelands 'Dragons Den' and had some great laughs along the way.

I of course did hang out with my friends on the odd weekend, but 95% of my summer has been working and I loved it. The only bad thing that has come out of setting up my own company has been having to go back to school and sit in classes you know you don't need once you leave, but I need to get the points in my leaving certificate to get to college so I will have to deal with this. There is also the fact that teachers speak to you very condesendingly and all you can think is “I set up my own company at the age of seventeen, I could be doing way more important things right now instead of learning what the biggest lake in America is”. But again, I will have to deal with all of this for the next eight months.

I do hope to keep blogging over the next few months, but it will be very minamle. Maybe the odd reaction to a piece in the paper, the news or even just a rant about school – so you can look forward to me ranting.

Next week I have a few meetings lined up so a few awesome things are in the pipeline and I will let you all know when further details are confirmed. But for now, I am off to write eight pages on why Macbeth was an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment